Olive Garden Lemon Cake...a nice olive garden recipe to try !
* 1 french vanilla or white cake mix
* 1 small tub mascarpone cheese
* 1 cup heavy whipping cream
* Juice of 2 lemons
* zest of 1 lemon
* 1/2 cup white sugar.
1. Prepare cake mix, and bake in 2 of the round cake pans.
2. Cool and remove.
3. This is easier to handle if you freeze the cake.
4. Slice the cake in 1/2, and put on a flat dish.
5. I use my kitchen-aid mixer, and mix the following.
6. 1 small tub mascarpone cheese
7. use the whipping beater, and mix for 30 seconds.
8. Add the sugar and the heavy whipping cream.
9. Mix until it gets fluffy...slowly ad the lemon juice and zest.
10. taste it..My husband likes it extra tart...add more lemon zest to taste.
11. "Frost" the cake with 1/2 of the cream mixture, and repeat with the second half of the cake.
12. Top with powderd sugar through a sive just on the top!
13. Slice and eat..great with a drizzle of berry Ice-cream topping.
The Olive Garden recipe is ready to serve....enjoy it !