- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper use only if a spicier flavor is desired
- 230 ounces chicken broth (4 Large 49.5 oz cans and a 32 ounce box)
- 1/2 pound Owens Italian Sausage crumbled
- 2 each large baking potatoes scrubbed, peeled in stripes, and cubed
- 6 each bacon slices
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 each white onion diced
- 1 bunch kale lightly chopped and packed, can substitute with escarole
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
Scrub potatoes and use peeler to peel off skin in stripes; Peel and dice onions; Open cans of Broth; Peel Kale leaves from the stalk and lightly chop, discarding the stalks.
In pan, saute Italian sausage until slightly browned. Add crushed red pepper ONLY if a spicier flavor is desired. Drain excess fat and place in bowl. Refrigerate while preparing other ingredients.In same pan, saute bacon. Remove and crumble; set aside. Save 1 tablespoon of grease and use it to saute the onions, and garlic for approximately 15 minutes or until onions are soft and clear.In pot, add broth and onion mixture; cook through until boiling on medium high heat.Add potatoes and kale, cover, and cook on Medium High until soft..about 30 minutes.
Add cream, crumbled bacon, sausage; simmer 4 minutes and the olive garden soup recipe is ready to serve....hmmm...mama mia...amazing taste..enjoy !